One Room Challenge Fall 2015 :: The Reveal

It’s here and all I can think of is how quickly the past six weeks have flown by! Today’s the big reveal of my Foyer for the One Room Challenge and I couldn’t be more excited to share it with you. It’s such a happy space and am thrilled with the result!

formal foyer // one room challenge // @simplifiedbee

As you may know, for the past several weeks I’ve been sharing the whole design process (including all the ups and downs!). In case you’ve miss any and need to catch up, here are the links:

Week One – Foyer Before // Week Two – Wallpaper & Paint // Week Three – Furnishings // Week Four – Lighting // Week Five – Art & Accessories

To refresh your memory and to appreciate the transformation, I’ve included a few before images in combination with the reveal images.

ENTRY BEFORE ::

traditional front door // ORC before // www.simplifiedbee.com

ENTRY AFTER ::

fall front door // one room challenge // @simplifiedbeefall front door // one room challenge // @simplifiedbee

I love the new black door painted in Farrow & Ball’s Pitch Black. It makes such stately entrance to our home. The handsome hanging lantern via Lowes was also a terrific addition. And isn’t the antler doormat by Mark & Graham just perfect?

FOYER & STAIRCASE BEFORE ::

Foyer Before // ORC // www.simplifiedbee.comFoyer Before // ORC // www.simplifiedbee.com

FOYER & STAIRCASE AFTER ::

chinoiserie chic foyer // design by @simplifiedbee

This is really a happy space. I’m in love with it all. The large-scale feather bloom wallpaper by Celerie Kemble for Schumacher sets the tone immediately. The gorgeous navy lacquer console by oomph is the perfect compliment. I’m also so pleased with the chinoserie chic touches in the fabulous x benches in Clarence Houses Tibet Print, gilded faux bamboo mirror, pair of elegant table lamps and vintage blue & white porcelain bowl housing the cacti & succulents.

entry console table // by @simplifiedbeeformal foyer // one room challenge // @simplifiedbeecacti & succulent arrangement // @simplifiedbeefoyer staircase // @simplifiedbee

As I mentioned in this post, the stair-runner got held up in customs. Unfortunately, it still hasn’t arrived. I’m so bummed not to be able to show you a finished project, but the reality is that sometimes we have no control over these things. It’s a great lesson in patience in this need to have it now society. When it is installed, I will be sure to share it with you! I still love this image because it showcases the lovely scalloped pendant from Bellacor and high-gloss painted ceiling in Farrow & Ball’s Borrowed Light so beautifully!

minted artwork // staircase landing // @simplifiedbee

I also love how the staircase landing turned out. The dyptich artwork through Minted compliments the original door chimes which we modernized by adding a clean-lined teak cover. For texture and to balance the space, I added a small bench covered in a cozy sheepskin rug.

vintage chandelier + window valance // staircase landing // @simplifiedbeegallery wall // one room challenge // @simplifiedbeemichelle morin artwork // design by @simplifiedbee

At the top of the stairs, I left the original vintage chandelier – it is so timeless that it didn’t need to be changed out. However, I updated the window valance and have it covered in a beautiful hand-blocked textile from Galbraith & Paul. It’s layered it with a matchstick woven roman shade in white. The adjacent gallery wall filled with Michelle Morin’s whimsical birds and bees is another spot that makes me smile.

SPONSORED SOURCES ::

farrow and ball paint // oomph console table // decoratorsbest fabric for x benches // bellacor pendant light // bassett mirror table lamps & wall mirror // minted dyptich artwork // lowes outdoor lantern // mark & graham doormat

ADDITIONAL SOURCES ::

celerie kemble wallpaper for schumacher // vintage blue & white bowl via chairish // artwork by michelle morin // natural diamond pattern rug // sheepskin rug for bench // corn-husk wreath // seagrass basket for the fiddle fig // x benches by livenupdesign

PHOTOGRAPHY :: candace & kurt williams of photo-tecture

Thank you so much for following my One Room Challenge journey! I’ve been so touched by all the lovely comments and encouragement.

Now to all the other final reveals of the other 19 ORC participants – I’m so excited to see all the gorgeous interiors from this talented group!

A huge thank you to Linda at Calling it Home for organizing everything, securing such fabulous sponsors and including me in The One Room Challenge Fall 2015! It was such an incredible experience and one I’d be honored to do again!

, , , , , , , , , , , ,

47 Responses to One Room Challenge Fall 2015 :: The Reveal

1. Vel November 20, 2015 at 1:13 pm #

Just fabulous! Sophisticated traditional design with a right dose of ‘kick’!

• Cristin November 22, 2015 at 2:18 pm #

Thanks so much!

2. Naomi@DesignManifest November 19, 2015 at 5:27 pm #

It looks so pretty, Cristin!! I absolutely love the paper and the blue console styling. Those benches are so cute.

3. Anna November 18, 2015 at 8:31 am #

What a stunning wallpaper! It gives a wow effect to your hallway. I love the bird pictures (love everything with birds really:))

• Cristin November 18, 2015 at 12:16 pm #

Thanks so much Anna!

4. Albertina || Mimosa Lane November 15, 2015 at 7:41 pm #

Loved your redesign! Your wallpaper is beautiful and I love the fabric choice on the x benches. Love it! xx

• Cristin November 16, 2015 at 12:36 pm #

Thank you so very much!

5. cindy hattersley November 13, 2015 at 5:56 am #

What a lovely space. I adore the wallpaper and those prints are to die for. Well Done!!

• Cristin November 13, 2015 at 9:31 am #

Many thanks Cindy!

6. Arianna Belle November 12, 2015 at 7:11 pm #

It feels so inviting! I love all your choices and that you incorporated a mix of patterns in a way that doesn’t feel overwhelming. Beautifully done!

• Cristin November 13, 2015 at 9:31 am #

Oh thanks so much Arianna!!! I appreciate your support. Yes, and want to visit! 🙂

7. Shelley @ Calypso in the Country November 12, 2015 at 1:34 pm #

Such a beautiful and elegant space!
    Shelley

8. the zhush November 12, 2015 at 9:49 am #

So blown away by everything Cristin! wow…the Celerie wallpaper is a personal favorite, I even pulled a sample for my guest bath, but knew it needed larger walls to really pack the right punch. Which it certainly does in your stunning new foyer, you must be thrilled with a great job well done! xx

• Cristin November 12, 2015 at 10:15 am #

Thanks so much! And you are absolutely right – the wallpaper needed a big enough space for the pattern. However, if the room was too big, the pattern might get overwhelming. It’s a tricky balance working with pattern and scale!

9. Michelle @ Ten June November 12, 2015 at 8:06 am #

ALL the heart eyes for that wallpaper!! Seriously amazing. And the simplicity of the framed prints in the upstairs hall- love. Pinning now. Great job, Cristin!

• Cristin November 12, 2015 at 8:37 am #

You are so sweet Michelle! I hope you are well.

10. Amber B Design November 12, 2015 at 6:53 am #

This foyer is stunning, Cristin! Wow!! That scalloped fixture is so amazing. And I love the whole console and bench vignette. Everything is so beautiful. Thank you for introducing me to a new etsy shop. I love Michelle Morin’s whimsical art work! Great job!!

• Cristin November 12, 2015 at 8:39 am #

Thanks so much Amber! You will be very pleased with the print quality of Michelle’s art. It looks like the original! And I’m so glad you like the pendant light. It was a gamble, but I think it works beautifully!

11. Erin @ whalingcitycottage November 12, 2015 at 6:48 am #

This combo kills me! The wallpaper and x-benches and that fabulous fabulous light. Great job, it’s gorgeous. I’d smile every day walking through that door.

12. Vanessa@ Decor Happy November 11, 2015 at 9:19 pm #

I love the painted black front doors and that wallpaper makes such a statement. You must be very happy with how this turned out. Great job Cristin!

13. Hollie Cooper November 11, 2015 at 4:55 pm #

The wallpaper look so amazing, you have created a lovely & welcoming entry for your home. Well Done – now have a glass of wine! Hollie

• Cristin November 11, 2015 at 5:01 pm #

Thanks Hollie! Just might do that 🙂

14. Linda - Calling it Home November 11, 2015 at 3:29 pm #

I love all things Celery Kemble. Enough said. This is a gorgeous entry. I hope it makes you smile every day. Great job and I can’t wait to see this famous runner.

• Cristin November 11, 2015 at 3:41 pm #

Thanks so much Linda! The space does make me smile 🙂

You are the best too!

15. sherry November 11, 2015 at 2:48 pm #

This is beautiful! I am in love with that wallpaper so hard. What a transformation all around even the front entry! Great job!

• Cristin November 11, 2015 at 3:41 pm #

Thanks so much Sherry!!!

16. Holly Phillips November 11, 2015 at 2:26 pm #

The wallpaper is the BOMB! I have always coveted that paper. Bravo!

• Cristin November 11, 2015 at 3:40 pm #

Thanks so much Holly!!! So fun to go on this journey with you!

17. Sarah Walker of The Curated House November 11, 2015 at 12:50 pm #

The exterior is so welcoming and the interior is so inviting! I love the pattern play of the wallpaper with those lovely x-based stools. And that gold bamboo mirror! Gorgy-gorgeous! Everything feels very calm and sophisticated. Beautiful job! xx

• Cristin November 11, 2015 at 3:40 pm #

Thanks so much for the sweet comments! It is a calm space indeed!

18. joanna // jojotastic November 11, 2015 at 10:56 am #

that artwork placement with the chimes is beyond perfect. loving the entire space! great job!

• Cristin November 11, 2015 at 12:33 pm #

Many thanks! So fun taking this journey with you!

19. Reviving Charm November 11, 2015 at 10:26 am #

WOW! Looks gorgeous! I love your choices and space came out wonderful. I would definitely look forward to coming to to that!

• Cristin November 11, 2015 at 12:33 pm #

Awe, thanks so much!

20. Megan November 11, 2015 at 9:42 am #

So elegant! That wallpaper is amazing. Congratulations!!!

21. courtney {a thoughtful place} November 11, 2015 at 8:03 am #

Gosh so many things I love. That window treatment and the artwork are all so perfect. I love the beautiful glossy door and that shot of the upstairs hallway. Beautiful.

• Cristin November 11, 2015 at 12:36 pm #

Awe, thanks Courtney! I’ve love following your darling boy’s room too.

22. Always Rad November 11, 2015 at 7:35 am #

LOVE the wallpaper! And the art is gorgeous. Please post a picture when the runner arrives as well; can’t wait to see it all together. Congrats, you did an amazing job!

• Cristin November 11, 2015 at 12:35 pm #

Thanks so much! I will definitely share the stair-runner once it arrives!!!

23. christine dovey November 11, 2015 at 7:22 am #

Man I love that wallpaper and in combo with the benches and piping, it’s just soooo good. And the pendant light- in love with the scale and how it commands attention. Beautiful, beautiful job!

• Cristin November 11, 2015 at 12:37 pm #

Thanks so much Christine! I love that pattern on pattern play with the wallpaper and benches too. Can’t wait to see your project unfold!!!

24. Kate Collins November 11, 2015 at 6:54 am #

It’s absolutely stunning, Christine!! That front entrance is such a beautiful transformation. I love the new black door and how you styled it. The Celerie Kemble paper is a dream in that space! Love it!1

• Cristin November 11, 2015 at 8:48 pm #

Thanks so much Kate! The room was just the right size to show off the beautiful wallpaper pattern without it going overboard.

25. Ivy Lane November 11, 2015 at 6:30 am #

WOW! That is just so beautiful! I love the wallpaper and art choices along with that sweet valance in the upper hallway. The front entry outside looks so much better..sooo inviting! Great job!! Congratulations!

Ivy

• Cristin November 11, 2015 at 8:48 pm #

Thanks so much! I love that little valance too!

26. Tee @ Beauteeful Living November 11, 2015 at 5:16 am #

Congratulations on completing this challenge. Your foyer is gorgeous! You’re right, that wall paper does set the tone. Love it!

• Cristin November 11, 2015 at 12:37 pm #