Design Crush :: Purple Girls Room

disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means Simplified Bee receives commission if you make a purchase using these links.

teen girls bedroom room plum and purple

How cute is this big girl’s bedroom for 8 year old Gigi, the daughter of Pam Ginocchio (co-founder of Project Nursery) I first spotted on Pinterest? Pam teamed up with Serena & Lily on the room’s fresh, fun and feminine design. Gigi herself requested the crisp purple palette – so sweet.

teen girls modern bedroom dresser

The glossy white mosaic mirror looks great hung above a sleek dresser and contrasts nicely with the wall’s Shale paint color.

teen girls modern desk in bedroom

A white Parsons desk is paired with a fun apple green bentwood chair – love the mix of styles here!

striped ceiling wallpaper in girls bedroom

On the ceiling a bold wide stripe wallpaper in plum from Serena & Lily’s new wallpaper collection was selected. It’s a fabulous, dramatic choice for room which features 14 foot ceilings.

rattan hanging chair - girls bedroom

Love, love, love the 60’s inspired rattan hanging chair with plum herringbone throw! Such a fun spot for Gigi to relax, read and daydream.

teen girls bedroom bedside table

Serena & Lily’s timeless Pondicherry upholstered bed with nailhead  was selected for the bed and is topped with the Kite Sheet Set and the Berry Border Duvet and Shams. A curvy bedside table is topped with a whimsical bird lamp, while a woven white basket placed on the bottom shelf is perfect for organizing Gigi’s small collections. The plush white rug is super chic and adds a wonderful texture to the space.

It’s a fabulous purple girls room I’m sure Gigi is going to love for years to come!

Cristin

*photo credit: Colin Price Photography

ff

, , , , , , ,

12 Responses to Design Crush :: Purple Girls Room

1. Allison September 23, 2013 at 3:32 pm #

What a pretty room! I bet that it tricky hanging wallpaper on the ceiling. The stripes add a touch of whimsy. Gigi must be thrilled with new room. Is she the artist of the painting on the nightstand? It’s wonderful.

• admin September 23, 2013 at 7:28 pm #

yes, Gigi painted the portrait on the nightstand. so cute!

2. Christa @ BrownSugarToast September 23, 2013 at 6:52 pm #

this is gorgeous!!! love the ceiling with the wallpaper, medallion, and chandelier! I wonder if Gigi lets random people {like me} have sleepovers in her room just so they can be around all that loveliness? ;)

• admin September 23, 2013 at 7:28 pm #

agreed!

3. designlit September 24, 2013 at 1:14 am #

Striped ceiling! Very nice. And, really, purple couldn’t look any younger with white as its contrasting color.

4. Taynia | The Fiscal Flamingo September 28, 2013 at 5:29 am #

I think this room is just perfect for a 37 year old too. :-)

• admin September 28, 2013 at 8:47 am #

agreed! :)

5. Jen September 28, 2013 at 8:54 am #

Absolutely jaw dropping!

• admin September 28, 2013 at 10:12 am #

I know! I’m not sure which element I love the most! xo c

6. Chelsea September 29, 2013 at 4:51 pm #

She must be so excited to show that room off to her friends. I know I would be, and I’m 25! I love the ceiling and desk. Does anyone have any idea where a more affordable desk in that style can be found? My budget for one is well below $350, even though it’s lovely!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. links i love - Brown Sugar Toast - September 27, 2013

[…] it or not, this is the ceiling of an 8 year old girls’ bedroom. […]

2. Centsational Girl » Blog Archive » BOTB 9.27.13 - September 27, 2013

[…] How beautiful is this big girl room spied over at Project Nursery? via Simplified Bee. […]