My Fave & Frightful Halloween Decorating Ideas from Blogland

With Halloween just a few days away, I’ve been surfing blogland for some last minute décor ideas. Wow. There are so many amazingly creative and down right creepy ideas for decorating your home and  entertaining your guests this All Hallow’s Eve. Here are some of my favorites I wanted to share with you. Enjoy!

Favorite Halloween Party Invitations:

halloween party invitation skeleton diy
Start the party off right with Skeleton Halloween invitations by Martha Stewart. Not too scary to make yourself – just download & assemble! Visit Martha’s for the how to.
halloween party invite amy atlas cocodot yellow orange
Stylish, colorful and paperless Halloween invites by Amy Altas for CocoDot. I used the “Boo!” invite in the bottom right corner for our little party coming up!
Favorite Halloween Décor – Outside:
halloween decorating outside home apartment
halloween decorating outside freak show apartment
For three years, this home in Brooklyn has been frightening trick-or-treaters. This year, it’s a “freak show” at A Brooklyn Limestone in Progress. Wow.
Favorite Halloween Décor – Inside:
halloween lab mantel decor spooky
Loving this Dr. Jekyll’s Laboratory décor theme from Three Pixie Lane. The vintage photos with googol eyes are the best.
halloween vintage clipart eyes goolish
The Graphics Fairy {love} has a ton of great vintage Halloween clipart for all your spooky projects. Here are those eyes just mentioned.
halloween decorating black white mantel ghosts
The stylish DIYer, Kate at Centsational Girl, created the best mantel this season. Love the black & white color palette. Aren’t the chains great?
Halloween decor mice up the staircase
Love these little mice {Martha Stewart} creeping and crawling all over the stairs at Thrifty Décor Chick.
Favorite Halloween Treats:
halloween cupcakes spooky frightful lily vanilli
halloween gourmet cupcakes mummy tombstone lily vanilli
These ominous cupcakes by Lily Vanilli via Cupcake Loves Evil are perfectly frightful for any Halloween party.
halloween party spooky candied apples matt bites
And how about these eerie candied apples by Matt Bites? Love the twigs.
halloween party candy jar labels martha stewart
For something a little more inviting {especially for kids}, this simple Halloween candy station by Martha Stewart  is a great option. The jar label’s can be downloaded here.
Favorite Halloween Drinks:
halloween party beer drink labels download
These ghoulish beverage labels by Centsational Girl are my favorite. You will need to drop by her blog; She has downloads for these witches brews and many others including one for kids’ juice boxes! Go here.
halloween drink labels glass simple stickers
Here’s yet another way by Real Simple to add an eeire touch to drinks by labeling each guest’s stemware. Make everyone’s different so to not get drinks mixed up!
Favorite Halloween Pumpkins:
halloween pumpkin with rats martha stewart
I picked up a bag of little rubber rats at Michael’s the other day having no clue what I was going to do with them. Now I know. Thanks Martha Stewart!
halloween painted pumpkins black white insects
Love these painted pumpkins too by Stylist Liz Demos via Country Living.
halloween cute painted pumpkins jack-o-lanterns
This assortment of painted and carved pumpkins is also a favorite. Does anyone know the original source? I found it on a blog that did not give it proper credit.
Need some more spooky decor inspiration? Here are some more Halloween decorating ideas I think you’ll love.
Pin It
Pin It

18 Responses to My Fave & Frightful Halloween Decorating Ideas from Blogland

1. Julia @ Hooked on Houses October 28, 2010 at 7:16 pm #

Love your list of faves. Some people are so creative with their Halloween decorating–I'm always amazed!

2. CDS October 28, 2010 at 10:34 pm #

Halloween decorating can be such fun! :) These are remarkable!

3. Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. October 28, 2010 at 10:56 pm #

Great finds! With no kids I guess hubby and I will just stay home and eat chili and pass out candy. Nothing too scary going on around here.

4. concretenprimroses October 28, 2010 at 11:28 pm #

Lots of wonderful ideas!
    Kathy

5. Chyanne M. October 29, 2010 at 12:29 am #

I posted a pic on my blog of my halloween/fall decor (pumpkin toparies)…I'm actually having my housewarming this coming Saturday. My decor for the party will have a halloween theme of course. I may have to use some of these great ideas. Cool post!

6. Cornflake October 29, 2010 at 12:55 am #

Wow lots of great inspiration here! That outdoor decor is fabulous, I love it when people make that kind of effort!

7. Centsational Girl October 29, 2010 at 4:38 am #

Fabulous roundup ! Love love love all your inspirational links! Delighted to be included, have the most haunted Halloween my friend!
    xo
    Kate

8. Laura Trevey October 29, 2010 at 1:22 pm #

The mice on the stairs has to be my favorite!!

9. Wendy October 29, 2010 at 2:20 pm #

ha ha!! love this collection… I did the same for today!

10. Deliciously Organized October 29, 2010 at 3:16 pm #

love all these halloween ideas. the cupcakes look delicious! happy halloween!

11. AB HOME Interiors October 29, 2010 at 7:41 pm #

Cristin
    All of these are so fabulous! The candied apples and pumpkins with mice are my favorites!

12. eddieross October 29, 2010 at 8:54 pm #

Amazing post!! We love the outdoor decor on those beautiful buildings… the mice silhouettes are great too! Have a Happy Halloween!!

E+J

13. Ideezine October 30, 2010 at 2:25 pm #

Cristin,

Love it and Halloween is becoming a bigger deal every year and more creative no doubt. I just amazed at the volume of consumption choices. It's not just for children it's for us bigger children at heart as well.

Bette

14. maureen @ The Inglenook Decor October 30, 2010 at 2:33 pm #

all so gorgeous! so many crafts so little time! And Amy atlas never fails to amaze me!

15. Maria Killam October 30, 2010 at 3:31 pm #

Martha is still the goddess, wow the mice in the holes of the pumpkin and along the stairs, the best!

16. Tatieva October 30, 2010 at 3:39 pm #

Merveilleuses petites choses pour fêter joyeusement Halloween ! J'adore les verres à boire, avec “poison”, “caution”, “toxic”, excellent, excellent !

17. Casa Bella October 31, 2010 at 2:13 am #

Wow! Great ideas!

18. Staci Edwards November 3, 2010 at 12:44 pm #

Loving those painted pumpkins by Liz, and the candy apples are very fun!