Many Thanks for the Blog Awards

This is long overdue! Simplified Bee has received some very sweet blog awards. First, Nikki {most-talented calligrapher and paper designer} at Lovely Scribbles gave me the “Kreativ Blogger” award. Then the lovely gals at Chic Coles {very stylish design blog} nominated me for “The Fabulous Sugar Doll Blogger Award.” Many thanks ladies! I am honored.

Now it’s my turn to say a few things about myself {gulp}. So, here are eight things you might not know about me:

1. Growing up, my family had Standard Poodles – mostly black, but one white called Bodie {named after a ghost town in California}. This photo is not of Bodie, but looks just like him! Photo source.

2. In the morning I enjoy drinking a cup of loose leaf English Breakfast tea with milk {organic}. Lovely photo from stylist, Selina Lake.

3. Recently I read the Twilight series and have seen the movies {yes, I am a Mom-pire}. Team Edward.

4. My favorite TV show at the moment is GLee. Defying Gravity was my favorite song from last season.

5. Before launching my home organization and design business, I was a high tech marketing professional and specialized in event planning for years. {presently living the dream} Photo credit here.

6. I am obsessed with designer furniture, textiles and accessories {okay this one you may have already known}. This gorgeous bedroom was created by one of my favorite designers, Kelly Wearstler.

7. Lake Tahoe, Nevada will always be home. {great place to visit anytime of the year!}

8. Friends, Family and Faith – what life’s all about.

Now here comes the hard part of selecting other blogs for these sweet little awards {so many wonderful blogs out there!}. Here it goes:

Please feel free to pass along and many thanks for continuing to inspire me.

xo,

12 Responses to Many Thanks for the Blog Awards

1. VictoriaArt February 25, 2010 at 12:54 am #

Cristin, congrats, so nice to read about you and your ways….always something interesting coming from your blog!

XX
    Victoria

2. Design Esquire February 22, 2010 at 6:48 pm #

Congrats and thank you very much! I really appreciate being included with the other bloggers.

I'm not sure how I missed this post yesterday!

3. Velvet and Linen February 22, 2010 at 4:43 pm #

It's so nice getting to know you a little better Cristin!
    We could definitely hang out together watching Glee and drinking tea 🙂

It is truly an honor to be given this award by you!

xo
    Brooke

4. Cashon&Co February 22, 2010 at 1:44 pm #

you need to add another one, if you look at my post from yesterday, hint hint!! sunshine!

5. The Zhush February 22, 2010 at 12:54 pm #

I so enjoy reading these little insights into bloggers' lives. Congrats on your awards!

6. Laura Trevey February 22, 2010 at 2:07 am #

I've always wanted to visit Lake Tahoe….
    Wonderful list 🙂

xoxo Laura

7. Lovely Scribbles February 22, 2010 at 1:32 am #

YES, you did it! I'm so glad you joined in. 🙂 It's always fun to learn a little bit about the person behind the fabulous blog. Thanks so much for the kind comments, Cristin!!

Go Team Edward!

8. Laura Casey Interiors February 21, 2010 at 10:58 pm #

Thanks for including me Cristin! xo

9. DesignTies February 21, 2010 at 8:20 pm #

Congrats on the awards 🙂 Love the pictures of the dandelions and the tea cups 🙂

Thanks for sharing the 8 things about you. It's fun to learn more about our fellow bloggers 🙂

Kelly

10. la cabeza de maria antonieta February 21, 2010 at 2:06 pm #

Congratulations!!!!

11. Things That Inspire February 21, 2010 at 4:06 am #

You and I like so many of the same things! I am also a 'Mom-pire' – I even read the 'Interview with the Vampire' series as a teen, and I adore Twilight. I also adore Glee – when I first watched it, I downloaded so many songs from itunes – a rare things for me. And #8 is a definite for me too!

Thank you so much for mentioning my blog with this amazing group of bloggers! I enjoy reading each and every post of your blog, and find so much inspiration from it.

12. carlee February 21, 2010 at 12:34 am #

Congrats and thank you!!! love your list…and you just made me very excited for my tahoe trip this july! one of the most beautiful places in the world!