My Room Makeover for Joyus & HD Buttercup

simplified_bee_joyous_design_detail
I’m so excited to reveal the living room I designed for Joyus’ Viewers’ Choice Challenge with H.D. Buttercup! It needed to be completed in under five hours – which seems like a lot of time, but I utilized every last second! Take a look and if you like what you see, I’d be grateful for your vote. And in voting, you will be entered to win a $1500 Joyus shopping spree! Also, head on over to Joyus to see what the other design bloggers created – the similarities and differences in the designs are really fun to see.
simplified_bee_joyus_design_orangesimplified_bee_joyous_kelley_moore
{me with host, Kelley Moore – all done!}
I’m curious to know what you like best about the design.
Thanks too for your support. You are the best!

11 Responses to My Room Makeover for Joyus & HD Buttercup

1. Emily A. Clark April 3, 2012 at 6:48 pm #

Looks great, Cristin! Congrats!

2. Landi {The Lifestyle Guide} April 3, 2012 at 7:37 pm #

Cristin, I love it!! A) what a fun challenge all together B) your room looks stunning! I totally agree with you in the fact that layering is always best (& easiest for changing things down the road when the room may need a facelift!) the colors most definitely complete it along with the fun textures/patterns! Great job… I'm headed over to vote!

3. Laura@happyroost April 3, 2012 at 8:02 pm #

Looks like a lot of fun. I love what you came up with! I'm going to check out the other designs now as well :)
    Good luck!

Laura
    HappyroostBlog.com

4. Ideezine April 4, 2012 at 2:07 am #

Cristin,

Looks like you had fun with this one. I like it too! These days there are always great ways to create.

Bette

5. Laura April 4, 2012 at 6:25 am #

Your room was so pretty and had great visual interest while, at the same time, being warm and homey. The winner by far!

6. Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt April 4, 2012 at 2:09 pm #

Your room was one of the best. Loved it. Tried to vote for you, but I couldn't click on. Hopefully it worked!

7. One bolt short of a toolbox April 4, 2012 at 2:22 pm #

looks fantastic!!!

door251.com

8. dotdot-dash.com April 4, 2012 at 4:12 pm #

it looks amazing! congrats!
    x kat

9. Courtney {a thoughtful place} April 5, 2012 at 2:57 pm #

Congrats. You did an amazing job!! Wow. Love the accessories and the oversized mirrors and artwork. You look great!

10. Julie April 10, 2012 at 3:06 am #

First of all, you were a pro in the video and made it look easy! Your room is stunning–congratulations.

11. iheartorganizing April 16, 2012 at 4:24 am #

You are darling!

Loved the space you pulled together! Such a sweet experience! Congrats!

xoxo,