Nature Inspired Christmas Mantel

Pinecones and trees, vintage touches and an adorable Christmas village. This year’s holiday mantel was inspired by nature and trips to Lake Tahoe this past summer. I had a head start because the pinecone garland was handmade back in September for a mantel that was featured in Emily Henderson’s Holiday Guide.

I was hesitant , but my kids thought that the “village” needed Santa’s sleigh soaring over it. So made a silhouette of Santa, his sleigh and those famous flying reindeer. I’m not crazy about how it turned out, but they love it and that’s what matters.
Resources: stockings by Thomas Paul, pinecone wreath from Target {vintage angel ornament added by me}, white lit houses from Red Envelope, bottle brush and wooden trees from West Elm, vintage glitter reindeer from Etsy {needed to be touched up with more glitter!} and lucite tray from Dabney Lee.

14 Responses to Nature Inspired Christmas Mantel

1. Sara December 9, 2011 at 6:42 am #

Everything looks so pretty, I can’t wait to start decorating my room and Christmas tree, the first room seems like a fairytale room, lovely! Your have an awesome blog by the way and I am a new follower! Hope you will like my blog and follow back!
    Also make sure and check out my blog for a chance to win a spectacular party dress

Pop Culture&Fashion Magic

2. Ashley | Domestic Fashionista December 9, 2011 at 6:37 am #

Love your cute little white houses! They are so sweet! Your neutral palette is beautiful but still cozy!

3. keep in touch with fashion December 8, 2011 at 6:58 pm #

amazing pics!!! lovely angel!
    Take a look on my blog and if you like we can follow each other?

4. Rustown Mom December 8, 2011 at 1:41 pm #

That pine cone garland! Love it. Wonder if I could make one of those? Thanks for the inspiration (:

5. Michaela December 8, 2011 at 3:00 am #

I can't believe we both did pinecone garlands…so funny. Yours looks awesome! I love the wreath, too!

6. { L } December 8, 2011 at 3:00 am #

Love your pinecone garland!

7. Allison December 8, 2011 at 2:20 am #

That is beautiful, Cristin! Love the big pine cones and white houses. Your living room is lovely. Pretty colors.

8. Karena December 8, 2011 at 12:28 am #

Cristin I love it! The stockings are great and those huge pine cones!!

Art by Karena

9. Michelle @ Ten June December 7, 2011 at 11:01 pm #

Oooh I love it, Cristin! The natural touches and that pretty white village. And Santa and his flying reindeer are awesome! Great job. And thanks for linking up! : )

10. Courtney {a thoughtful place} December 7, 2011 at 10:50 pm #

Just so elegant and pretty. Nicely done, Cristin. Merry Christmas!

11. Babs December 7, 2011 at 10:03 pm #

Love the Putz houses, pine cones and bottle brush trees!! Very pretty.

12. Katie December 7, 2011 at 8:49 pm #

Love the wreath and pinecones! Santa and his reindeer are magical, whimsical touch displayed over the village!

13. Leslie December 7, 2011 at 8:48 pm #

I love that pinecone garland. I am going to have to try that next time. Oh, and the mantle is so pretty! BTW, I'm a different Leslie! Ha!

14. Leslie December 7, 2011 at 8:27 pm #

I love it! The pinecone garland and those stockings are absolutely amazing. :)