Simple Style: DIY Tray Makeovers

manuel_canovas-trellis-wallpaper-vert
As I mentioned on Facebook, I recently wallpapered our kitchen nook. Loving it! The space isn’t 100 done {still needs window treatments}, so I am holding off sharing the final reveal until then. But, I wanted to share with you a very simple tray makeover I did to hold the kids homework supplies.
diy chic white tray wallpaper lined
With a remnant piece of wallpaper {Treillis by Manuel Canovas}, scissors, spray adhesive and some high-gloss white paint, I transformed a yard sale find, black painted wooden tray. Now it’s fresh, chic and makes a great homework station.

manuel canovas treillis wallpaper green white vert

Here are a few more of my favorite DIY tray makeovers…
jonathan adler greek key tray diy
My friend Kate from Centsational Girl used a little Jonathan Adler fabric {originally a Mykonos placemat} to line a gray lacquer tray from West Elm. The result is just fabulous, don’t you think?

diy paper lined tray
Found on SweetHome, here’s another tray that has been transformed using a little paint and decorative paper. So sweet.

martha-stewart-diy-chevron-trayUsing a standard baker’s tray and bold chevron fabric, Martha Stewart’s decorating editor Rebecca Robertson, makes a real statement. So chic! Find the tutorial at Martha Stewart.

diy-felt-lined-tray-apt-therapy

Felt is another great way to dress up a tray. Using a silverware or utensil tray, simply line the inset areas with felt. I found this great idea on Apartment Therapy.
If you have seen other fun tray makeovers or have done one yourself, please share them with us on Facebook!
Pin It
Pin It

10 Responses to Simple Style: DIY Tray Makeovers

1. marty (A Stroll Thru Life) September 28, 2011 at 4:49 pm #

How fun, such great and creative ideas. Love them. Hugs, Marty

2. CDS September 28, 2011 at 7:10 pm #

That's really pretty! I need to find better ways to organize our kitchen! :)

3. Deb's mind September 29, 2011 at 12:10 am #

So simple but so pretty!! Thanks Cristin.

4. Hamptontoes September 29, 2011 at 12:54 am #

Looks fabulous! I too, have done this many times…also looks good with a lucite tray too. It is fun to see that you have an activity tray in your kitchen…we do too! Inside of jar with edible goodies, I have jars with things that suggest doing a craft/activity while I make dinner or pack lunches…crayons, kids scissors, stickers, etc. Fun!

5. The enchanted home September 29, 2011 at 12:20 pm #

LOVE this idea!!!! Now you have me wanting to try this, this might be the only DYI project I have seen lately that I think I could possibly tackle! I love how you can just customize it so easily…..thanks for a great idea for a fun weekend project!!

6. LisaMende September 29, 2011 at 1:40 pm #

Love your new wallpaper, what a cheery space you have created! Also, enjoyed the post today, makes me want to make a tray!

7. Jessie September 29, 2011 at 5:15 pm #

What a great project! Love how your tray turned out, it looks fabulous! Looking forward to see the big reveal!

Please check your email, a lovely surprise awaits you. :)

Jessie

8. Michaela September 30, 2011 at 1:34 am #

Oh, your tray turned out fabulously!! LOVING what I can see of the green wallpaper. I just remembered I have to text you a picture of my new dresser (:

9. Megan {Honey We're Home} September 30, 2011 at 3:39 am #

Such a quick and easy project with fun results. And I love the sneak peek of the wallpaper in the background!!

10. patch1308 October 5, 2011 at 8:27 am #

Very pretty ideas, I like some of the Christmas decorations especially the colored baubles :-)