Beautiful {and Simple} Ideas for Displaying Christmas Cards

vintage santa sleigh for cards
Receiving Christmas cards from family and friends is one of the big highlights of the season. We collect and display ours in a vintage wicker sleigh. And we have done it this way for several years. But after researching this post for a Simplified Bee reader who asked for creative ideas for displaying holiday cards, we might have a different approach next year.
martha stewart holiday card display
Here is a simple and elegant way to display holiday card using an existing mirror. Martha Stewart used Lametta tinsel to create three swags perfect for hanging season’s greetings.
christmas card display idea country living
Using a picture frame and twine, holiday greeting cards are displayed beautifully with other festive décor. Thank Country Living for this idea!
christmas card garland clothes pin
Hang Christmas cards along a fireplace mantel with twine and colorful clothes pins. So simple! DIY or purchase a kit on Folksy.
christmas card display cabinet ribbon
With a little ribbon crisscrossed, this cabinet becomes a wonderful place to display cards. Brilliant idea found via Living Livelier.
christmas card door ribbon display how to
Hanging cards on a door with decorative ribbons is also a fun idea. Here is the how to via Country Living.
christmas card display board domino

For an eclectic look, layer holiday cards on an existing cork board is also a great idea. This one is from Domino via Centsational Girl.

christmas tree ribbon card display board

Love Kate at Centsational Girl’s corkboard turned card holder using fabric, ribbon and a little nailhead trim – just add some time and it is a simple diy project. Here’s the how to.

window holiday card display idea

And here is Kate’s chain & jingle bell Christmas card display from last year. Isn’t this creative too?  Here’s how she did it with even more inspiration!

Happy Holidays!

20 Responses to Beautiful {and Simple} Ideas for Displaying Christmas Cards

1. VictoriaArt December 13, 2010 at 4:53 pm #

Love these images. Ours are all pinned around our large mirror in the dining room! By end of December it's all filled up!
    Enjoy the weeks leading up to Christmas!

xx Victoria

2. Lovin That! December 13, 2010 at 4:57 pm #

Perfect Post! I was just thinking this morning what to do. I actually like the first idea of putting them in a grouping in a Christmas container…

3. The English Organizer December 13, 2010 at 5:17 pm #

Kate's chain display is wonderful, but I like the simplicity of your sleigh, too.

4. Centsational Girl December 13, 2010 at 6:35 pm #

Such fun inspiration Cristin! Looking forward to seeing you this month!
    xo
    Kate

5. Averill December 13, 2010 at 8:00 pm #

Love both of Kate's ideas! Right now my Xmas cards are tacked up on the bulletin board in my office — not very creative!

6. Melissa at HOUSEography.net December 13, 2010 at 9:56 pm #

These are great ideas. I did a cop out and bought the holder I had been eying for a few years at Willow House. Sometimes you just gotta spend a little money to get what want :) Here's a picture if you are interested – http://houseography.blogspot.com/2010/12/holidayography-christmas-card-displays.html

7. Megan December 14, 2010 at 1:35 am #

Great ideas; I especially love the ribbons on the door idea!

8. pretty pink tulips December 14, 2010 at 2:53 am #

These are all so cute!!! I just drop mine in an antique crystal punchbowl that belonged to my grandmother. Then, I sift through them when I have more time!

Ho ho ho!!!
    Elizabeth

9. Ideezine December 14, 2010 at 7:07 am #

Cristin,

Love the variety of ideas because we just can't have only one. Especially if we decorate more than a main room with Christmas trees and festive goodies. I line/sit my cards up on various tables around several rooms. Cards are extremely decorative and add alot to the holiday feeling.

Bette

10. Morgan December 14, 2010 at 7:58 am #

Love all of these ideas! Especially love hanging cards on ribbon in front of mirrors and windows.

Morgan @ PDB

11. SHERRY HART December 14, 2010 at 1:02 pm #

Cristin…my Mom always displayed our cards…but I can't do it this year because I don't think I am going to get any out and it will make me feel guilty!

12. jvw home December 14, 2010 at 2:04 pm #

love the MStewart idea over the framed mirror….i'm going to have to copy that one…thanks for sharing some great ideas Cristin!

13. Wendy December 14, 2010 at 5:13 pm #

Lovely ideas! In past years I've hung them from ribbon on french doors leading into our home office (off the entryway)… this year they rest on a DIY Christmas tray in the familyroom. :)

14. Velvet and Linen December 14, 2010 at 5:52 pm #

These ideas are so much better than my stack of cards on my desk!
    I think I need to hang them in front of one of our windows.
    Thank you for sharing!

Happy Holidays, Cristin!

xo
    Brooke

15. Delishhh December 15, 2010 at 12:23 am #

I love your ideas. I have this problem every year, and i always say, next year i will and never do it. So i decided to take on the the cardboard idea. Thanks so much. Lover you blog.

16. Kelle Dame December 15, 2010 at 4:21 am #

I needed some good ideas! Right now I have just a few tucked inside a wreath that hangs in the hallway. My favorite is the ribbons on the door!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Kelle

17. Michaela December 15, 2010 at 6:17 am #

What a fun way to display cards. I've always loved Kate's tree idea. So cute. I really need to get more creative in ways to display our cards!

18. A Delightful Design December 15, 2010 at 4:18 pm #

I have been wondering what I would do with all of my cards this year. Thanks for the inspiration!
    abby

19. tilly | maison December 16, 2010 at 2:38 pm #

great ideas! this year i am doing the picture frame/ribbon/tiny binder clips. so cute and doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. :)

carolyn

p.s. thanks for stopping by the blog!

20. carlee {deliciously organized} December 16, 2010 at 6:54 pm #

Love these ideas! Hope all is well :)