Friday Find: Summer Decorating with Coral Accents

In China, coral is a symbol of longevity. This semi-precious stone is also one of the five sacred stones of the Tibetan Buddhists and symbolizes the energy of life force. No wonder this beautiful natural form in turning up in everyday interiors. Coastal Living even published their favorite home decor items showcasing coral in their March 2010 issue. And although this classic motif is welcome year around, it is perfect for a beach house or summer decorating. Here are my picks for the season…
1. Toothbrush holder by Alessi,
2. Malaya Small Coral/Zinc Lamp at Outer Banks Trading Group
3. Coral Melamine Plate by Bongenre
4. Coral Gables Fabric โ€“ Laguna Collection by Thibaut
5. Coral Porcelain Candle at Vivre
6. Red Coral on Cream Hook Pillow at Outer Banks Trading Group
7. Red Coral Sculpture at Vivre
8. Coral Tieback by Marjorie Skouras Design
9. Red Coral Chandelier by Marjorie Skouras Design
10. Printed Coral Rug at Williams Sonoma Home

The Tibetans also believe that that people who wear coral will have success in life… now, off to find my coral necklace! Do you decorate with coral?

17 Responses to Friday Find: Summer Decorating with Coral Accents

1. Pink to Green June 26, 2010 at 7:56 pm #

I've adored coral for so long but never knew the symbolism; thanks for sharing these awesome finds!

2. Ragland Hill Social by Gwen Driscoll June 7, 2010 at 2:14 am #

love all these fun finds. hope you have a great week.

3. Join the Gossip June 5, 2010 at 10:01 pm #

All great items! I love chandeliers =)

4. Struggler June 5, 2010 at 4:08 pm #

I do love the look of coral but have yet to incorporate it anywhere. Hmm, that could be a problem as I'm running out of rooms!

5. pve design June 5, 2010 at 10:20 am #

Yes, I do, and I just bought some coral pillows for my porch and patio from pier one!
    pve

6. Malka Sabroe-JoHanson June 5, 2010 at 5:40 am #

Gee, this is Yofi's nail color this month.

7. LesleySW June 5, 2010 at 3:31 am #

I love coral. So pretty. And I particularly like that toothbrush holder and the chandelier!

8. journeychic.com June 4, 2010 at 9:22 pm #

Coral is one of those colors that's grown on me, and I've added it to my wardrobe lately. Nothing in my house in the color – yet. There's some opportunity for it to be added in the entryway, though, when I finally get around to tackling that space.

9. Cristin June 4, 2010 at 8:26 pm #

Bromeliad – I believe so; both the color and form carry symbolic meaning. How so at least… I have some white coral on a bookshelf!

10. Bromeliad June 4, 2010 at 6:09 pm #

Yes, but white coral. Does that count?

11. Jess June 4, 2010 at 6:02 pm #

That chandelier is gorgeous!

12. ashlina {the decorista} June 4, 2010 at 5:55 pm #

GORGEOUS! so my fave color this month….its everywhere and looks so good with a tan. love this roundup! xoxo have a great weekend

13. Mariska Meijers June 4, 2010 at 5:52 pm #

I love the richness of coral red! Have a great weekend xo

14. Deliciously Organized June 4, 2010 at 5:19 pm #

I love coral. Such a beautiful color. Your picks are fantastic. I adore that lamp!

15. Casa Bella June 4, 2010 at 5:02 pm #

Coral is one of those colors I absolutely love, but one I don't include in my decor a lot. Why is that? It's such a beautiful, vibrant, happy color. Love the post. Have a great weekend!

16. Will @ Bright.Bazaar June 4, 2010 at 3:55 pm #

Yes, yes and yes again. Adore Coral and adore this post – so much inspiration, thank you! Will xo

17. La Dolfina June 4, 2010 at 3:27 pm #

I adore coral and have a cabinet filled with it ๐Ÿ™‚
    I would love to meet you at The Pointe but Sunday is my son's Graduation from High School. It is early in the morning so there is a very slight chance that I'll come later in the day. What about you? I'm going to email you my cell # so you'll have it just in case ๐Ÿ™‚
    If we don't meet up, you should sneak a day and come over to my house and I'll take you to all my haunts!!!
    xo