Tribute to Turquoise – 2010 Pantone Color of the Year

Three cheers for turquoise! Pantone 15-5519 {aka turquoise} was recently declared the 2010 color of the year – here’s the press release.

{turquoise jewelry via Veranda}

“In many cultures, Turquoise occupies a very special position in the world of color,” explains Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute®. “It is believed to be a protective talisman, a color of deep compassion and healing, and a color of faith and truth, inspired by water and sky. Through years of color word-association studies, we also find that Turquoise represents an escape to many – taking them to a tropical paradise that is pleasant and inviting, even if only a fantasy.”

To celebrate the news, here are a few images showcasing my favorite color, turquoise. And a big thank you to fellow blogger and turquoise lover, Erin from House of Turquoise for her endless inspiration.

{Suzanne Kasler}

{Katie Ridder}

{Catalonia Small Chandelier – Shine}

{Kelly Wearstler}

{Veranda and Nathan Turner}

{Horchow}

{Paulette Lamp in Aqua Cased GlassDoxa Home}

{Veranda and Elizabeth Dinkel}

{Blue Links Needlepoint Pillow – Pieces}

{Atmosphere Home Essentials}

{Turqouise Foo Dogs – Pieces}

15 Responses to Tribute to Turquoise – 2010 Pantone Color of the Year

1. Averill December 22, 2009 at 4:14 am #

I was excited, too! Though with all the fuss about turquoise on the blogosphere the past few months, I'd say Pantone is a wee bit behind on the 8-ball. 🙂

2. Cara December 21, 2009 at 4:07 am #

I love turquoise, and I wear lots of it, but I've yet to incorporate it in our home decor. Hoping to use some turquoise and other beachy colors in our playroom soon! Thanks for all the turquoise inspiration!

3. Erin @ SYL: Slipcover Your Life December 20, 2009 at 1:35 am #

Sooooo happy Turquoise is the color of the year! Good pick Pantone!

4. DoxaHome.com December 19, 2009 at 9:51 pm #

Hmmm, I sent you a little note the other day thanking you for the mention but perhaps I hit the wrong button? Anyway Cristin, thanks again, we reposted your post on our Fan page;)

Happy holidays!

Jaime

5. Starfish and Sundresses December 19, 2009 at 7:26 pm #

I loove turquoise! It reminds me of the Caribbean.

6. thelennoxx December 19, 2009 at 6:39 pm #

Beautiful images! Love turquoise jewelry too =)

7. 2 By Design December 18, 2009 at 9:31 pm #

I'm a huge fan of patios/decks and one painted such a gorgeous color?? Yeah, I could get on board with that!

8. Struggler December 18, 2009 at 7:33 pm #

Hmm, lovely color, although I think I lean more towards the subtle shades, like that Veranda living room you show.
    Does this mean we're all going to be doing turquoise accent walls?

9. Vanessa December 18, 2009 at 6:28 am #

Love all of these images, especially the Nathan Turner room.

10. design_aholic December 18, 2009 at 6:03 am #

Oh I just LOVE that crib… I've never seen one that color. I'm glad to hear Turquoise is the color of 2010- it's so cheery!

11. Kristin December 18, 2009 at 4:22 am #

Woop woop for that? My house has touches of it everywhere!

12. Isabella & Max Rooms December 18, 2009 at 3:25 am #

I've been hooked on Turquoise all year long, glad and almost surprised to hear it is the color of 2010! Love the images you show…
    Janell

13. Laura Trevey December 18, 2009 at 2:08 am #

yay!!! I love turquoise… in everything!!

14. Deliciously Organized December 18, 2009 at 1:45 am #

I really love turquoise and House of Turquoise is such a wonderful blog. I too am inspired every time I go to her blog! Beautiful photos you picked.

15. Erin December 18, 2009 at 1:41 am #

It means so much to hear that I'm offering you inspiration! Trust me, it's all my pleasure. I'm just so glad there are other turquoise-lovers out there who appreciate the color (and this news) as much as I do! Great collection of images! Hooray for turquoise!